“Road Schooling”

• Dandy

March 23, 2022 at 4:22 pm

We did when we were pcsing from tx to NC. We were homeless for about 6 weeks or so. Everything was in bins and we bounced from hotel to hotel and then into a trailer on some peoples property because it was more affordable.

• Ashmodo2323

Organizer
      March 23, 2022 at 4:26 pm

We’ve been doing it for about 3 1/2 months now. My kids are really over it 😂 mainly bc there aren’t any kids around that they know and can hangout with. We are in an air b&b now. Thinking we may need to take a spring break for a mental break! We are almost at the finish line!

• Dandy

March 23, 2022 at 4:30 pm

Nice thing with homeschool, that I just adore, those breaks from the book work are still school because we learn from doing other things. Visiting a park. Going to a museum. Watching YouTube videos on subjects. Reading books. Observing nature. Etc. It gives opportunity to learn compromise, negotiation, cooperation, coordination, communication, etc. All necessary to life in the grand scheme. Whereas the tedium of bookwork isn’t necessarily…. needed. Ya know?

• Ashmodo2323

Organizer
          March 23, 2022 at 5:03 pm

Absolutely, I totally agree. My older son struggles with dyslexia like myself. It’s one of those kind of learning differences that makes some education work “if you don’t use it you lose it” kind of thing. So we have to be particular about about how we take our breaks from reading and math. We do have a lot of learning outside of book work for sure!