Vaccine Coercion

• bjbrown83

February 28, 2022 at 5:53 am

Received order to vaccinate, submitted RA 7 Sept. Placed on Do Not Arm and relieved of First Responder duties for over a month. Removed from one duty position and placed in a made up position. Restricted from PCS with official assignment to CO. When asked about help from Congressional Delegate they asked if I was up for Promotion and I may want to think about submitting inquiry. Called their bluff and submitted two Congressional Inquires anyway and an IG complaint. Still haven’t received initial RA package pack after originally submitting on 17 September. Tomorrow have appointment with EO office to file religious discrimination for not allowing me to PCS. >18 years AD USAF.

• diana

March 3, 2022 at 5:22 am

I’m kind of in the same boat. I have not heard back regarding the original RAR I submitted in September. Two months ago I filed an EO complaint bc I’m not allowed to go TDY (traveling and going out to different locations to do my job is all we do (we dont do much at home station), so this is hurting my career).

Still haven’t heard anything back from EO, but I get updates saying they’re on top of it. Not sure how much I believe them since they have not contacted anyone on my witness list.

• drewc

February 28, 2022 at 4:31 pm

As a Cadet, I applied for an internship to EUCOM (July 6-Aug 25 2021). Told I was accepted in Feb 21. Hear nothing about vaccine requirements until May 5 (three weeks before cadet summer training (mandatory training with orders straight to Stuttgart afterwards)). Email ROTC Cadre about how the jab is cannot be mandatory, they say “Commanders can add to regulations” which is total BS in this case. I explained to the Internship director that I shouldn’t have to be vaccinated to do the internship because it’s an EUA vaccine. He says “it’s a voluntary internship, so you have to volunteer to get the vaccine.” That’s completely backwards thinking but whatever. He also said that he (a civilian) made the decision to require the jab along with input from Cadet Command and the EUCOM surgeon general. They said the vax was mandated so we could get around the two week quarantine since we can’t sit in a hotel room for two weeks of a 7-week internship. German regulations didn’t stipulate that we could circumvent quarantine if we had the jab though.

I submit an IG complaint to Cadet Command and ask them to submit it to EUCOM as well, explaining that the DHA memorandum stated it was voluntary at the time, and 10 US Code Sec 1104a (I think, I don’t remember now) says that only the president can mandate an EUA vaccine. I I also said that a civilian was making decisions only available to a position of command, which he did not hold as a civilian staffer in a joint staff directorate.

USACC IG comes back and says “it’s a voluntary internship, so you have to volunteer for the jab to go.” Knowing that I would be sacrificing a lot of OML points towards branching, I ultimately decided to get the vaccine.

• tmeachman

March 1, 2022 at 12:52 am

Ordered to vaccinate beginning of September being told to expect a dishonorable discharge, will no longer be looked at for E-8, and at a minimum will be involuntarily separated or pushed to IRR. RAR submitted. Given a second order to vaccinate with pending RAR and Admin refusal in ASIMS. RAR denial came back in NOV 21, submitted intent to appeal with FOIA request and requested Privacy Act information from CC w/out reply to this day. Submitted RAR appeal 3 Feb 22, awaiting reply. Haven’t been allowed to train or go TDY. Now told I may be able to train locally. Next Drill 5-10 Mar 22. Current USAFR MSGT Pararescue Team Leader with 17+ years of service.

• rogersSteve

March 1, 2022 at 1:00 am

Account regarding my personal coercion as encountered being Active Duty Army. From April2020 through Jan2021 was under a continuous maintenance of mileage radius’ and ridiculous measures to get general officer approvals. Started with 4star in April, 1st GO in command in May and then became 1st O6/ COL end of summer. Declining repeated requests to have an exemption waiver to travel strictly for custody visits/ requirements to fulfill custody returns. Creating insane ROMs and testing requirements after it was finally dropped to O5 level for each approval but each travel required up to 2 weeks of ROM/ isolation to extent they could say mission reqs 1st.

As a single father was attempting to exercise my custodial rights without impact to work/ mission. Engaged directly with my GO at least twice via email and multiple times through FB townhalls. Engaged COL multiple times through that period as well for denying requests arbitrarily or without attempting to receive any context of the request.

In order to spend the weekend with my daughter for her birthday, Jan2021, I had to ROM for 5 days, test Negative in order to travel. Spent that weekend in the safe home of another Active Duty service member. And upon return ROM another 5 days before testing Negative to go back to work.

After that they released the new guidance of first O3/ CPT could sign your pass/ leave requests if vaccinated. I got the 2 dose Pfizer Biotech EUA never wanting to be in a position to lose on any further custodial opportunities (RIGHTS enforced against a hostile coparent).

Attempted to engage the Custody Travel Waiver to the height of restrictions SEAC Colon Lopez for a DOD wide Custody Travel Waiver for all Active Duty Single parents. This was after Memorial Day 2020, was never actioned even though I provided him with the Language examples at the State Level, will attach screenshot and below was the message:

Facebook engagement May/June2020-

“SEAC Colon-Lopez: This question/ suggestion was not addressed during the townhall. Please give the issue below immediate attention for all.

Hon. Sec. Esper, Gen Milley & Command Chief(SEAC) Colon-Lopez

SUMMER IS COMING

All States have issued travel exemptions for single parents to ensure custody/ visitation and exchanges are not to be impacted in any way, The DOD has not. The ETP process is not clear in this subject matter and has left a giant gray space TBD by GOs and their staffs/ subordinate leaders.

This is an issue that is causing 2nd and 3rd order effects on the SMs and the children. As long as travel plans and risks are mitigated we should not be restricted holistically from our children, of which we have fought so hard to remain in their lives while continuing to serve. I hope you see this message and can take up the issue for all Active Duty single parents like me.

Please issue an exemption that allows AD service members to travel IOT enforce and maintain their custody rights.

Thank you!”

SEAC CZ’ said he was on it and engaging with his J1/ legal. Only thing that came down to impact change was reducing the signature authority from a 4star to 1st GO. Paperwork was repeatedly held against regulations, denied at unlawful levels or just simply lost. Because of the totality of my issues in securing my Custodial rights I felt coerced into having no other choice but get vaccinated or lose our on precious moments and overall time with my daughter.

Jabbed Jan/Feb2021. Have had my shot record changed 4x now.

• rsalom

March 1, 2022 at 1:53 am

AFROTC cadet, 3 years into program and on contract. AFROTC HQ gave the order for mandatory vaccination of contracted cadets on 7 Dec 21 to have an RA or proof of vaccination by 31 Jan 22. One cadet immediately went to the detachment commander O-5 / Lt Col and claimed the order was illegal and was dismissed based on “he didn’t think it was unlawful” and the cadet dropped the program. Mid-January I tell the O-3 / Captain that is over my year of cadets when discussing the vaccination policy about the illegality of the order. I described the nature of the COMIRNATY vaccine being both unavailable to me and anyone else in the United States and that they had already revoked its authorization. I described the legal distinction between EUA and Full licensure by the FDA and the SECDEF memo saying I can only be mandated to get the FDA approved shot.

The cadre shrugged their shoulders at me and phrased it as an entry requirement. They said it was just like deciding to not take a PT test anymore and you were unable to commission or stay without it. I simply had to get it or put in an RA which they told me HQ didn’t provide them with guidance for cadet RAs and said even if it’s practically impossible which correlates with what the AF has done.

In response to the 0-3, I said “As a cadet and an aspiring officer, and if I’m going to be the cadet you’ve trained me to be, I will not comply with illegal orders and under no circumstance will I get the vaccine.” This started the discussion of my disenrollment from AFROTC where I was kicked out over having broken my contract.

• guapo

March 2, 2022 at 9:10 am

Man that sucks. I know some guys in the same situation who were a year behind me.

It’s all so dang unfair.

• glorious_purpose

March 4, 2022 at 11:38 pm

They told you there was no guidance? Because my cadre told me to submit an RA request NLT 31 Jan, which I did. Then right after I submitted my memo, they sent me a memo template (which I assume HQ sent out) to fill out instead. So there’s at least some kind of process, although (like everything else) it appears pretty crappy.

• glorious_purpose

March 4, 2022 at 11:40 pm

Or maybe that means that my cadre just wanted me to have something submitted while they wait for HQ to figure stuff out…

• rsalom

March 5, 2022 at 2:47 pm

They said they had no guidance but all they knew was the RA was due for 31 Jan. One of the officers told us they were just trying to wait us out and hope we all will just get it. I and 3 others from my det let them remove us. (Technically 2 GMC left ) but my POC friend and I were being removed for breach of contract.

• johnyboi324

March 1, 2022 at 4:06 am

Active Duty Air Force; I received overseas PCS orders in February 2021 with a report date of Oct 31st. Big AF vaccine deadline was Nov 2nd however my Wing CC issued vaccine order effective Sept. 17th, 2021; my final out from the base was the 16th. Gaining base CC put me on an admin hold Monday 13 Sept. due to being unvaccinated and because they wanted me to “submit my RA before leaving the losing base”. I submitted it and then had my leave & TDY en route threatened and then canceled; my orders were canceled the next Monday (Sept 21). All of my belongings were shipped over the week prior so I’ve been living out of 3 suitcases for the past 5 months. Since last June I have been passed over for multiple TDY’s as well as losing my TA/AF Cool education funding which directly reflected negatively on my most recent EPR. I haven’t heard anything back in regards to my RA since December.

• isaak7636

March 1, 2022 at 4:38 am

Reenlisted last year to go back to fort drum. Had a report date of November 20th 202q. Got a 4856 ordering me to receive the vaccine. I annotated on it multiple federal statues that my CoC was in violation of. And have their signatures on it as well. Then I had my pcs orders canceled on me. And am being threatened with a discharge and loss of all benefits

• wagstm

March 1, 2022 at 4:43 am

Title 32 Dual Status Tech/SGT in the Guard…Guard deadline is 30JUNE2022… was told at our shop that we had until 08NOV2021 to get vaccinated (federal employee side of the house) as the deadline got closer they got people vaxxed by saying they’d lose their jobs, then they aligned with the Guard timeline randomly, then flip flopped on that and went back to 08NOV date and got more people to get it with that. Only to ultimately align with the Guard timeline in the end.

Submitted my Religious Exemption on 16 OCT 2021. Have inquired multiple times on the 60 days outlined in DOD instruction 1300.17 and have not been given an answer on how they plan to remedy that. Latest change to vax order crosses out the 60 day timeline. Now my packet is sitting at the same point as everyone else who submitted theirs in Dec just waiting for the blanket denial to happen. Punishment for being ahead of the agenda I guess.

• ADD

March 1, 2022 at 5:05 am

Active Army, warrant, 60 pilot. PCSd and got told by two company commanders over text, senior warrant of BN, and the BN commander himself that they were putting me in HHC in the S3 shop instead of a flight company which I was originally going to, because of my RA. They all literally said it in writing and one with witnesses in person. Filed an EO for religious discrimination and it just got initial adjudication by O6 BDE Commander. He concurred with the IO that my complaint of discrimination as unfounded.

Get the vaccine or you won’t be able to do the job the Army has trained you to do that cost tax payers over $3 million dollars with my flight hours. NBD. FRAGO 5 be damned even though it says no adverse actions can occur while RAs are pending. Super cool.

• pudding

March 1, 2022 at 5:33 pm

There’s more pilots than just you who are able to do their job still while still pending exemption. Seems like they’re trying to target you for sure

• kaykay27

March 1, 2022 at 5:34 am

Army Reserves, 5 active years and 12 reserves. Unable to go to BOLC or have my packet processed because I’m unvaccinated. Told that it’s a medical readiness issue and my packet cannot be pushed until a decision is made on my RA. Meanwhile, I will run out of time to go to BOLC and was told “in order to advance in my career I’m going to have to get the shot/ shots.” When I asked what the difference in quarantine process for vaxxed and Unvaxxed at BOLC and how it would be the same. I got no answers.

• BadJuJu

March 1, 2022 at 2:05 pm

AGR title 32 . Active since 2007. Reservist since 2002. I submitted my RA as soon as I was able. Council from the BC says no adverse actions will be taken. Currently I am not allowed to travel, which is big for me. I cover over half of the state of VA. I have been offered training that I’m not eligible for due to policy as well. I am not eligible for awards either. They feel like adverse actions .

I have informed my COC that if the RA and appeal are denied I intend on a reserve retirement which I will have to wait 14 years to start collecting and it will cost me over $1000 per month benefits when it does kick in. The difference of a 20 year Active retirement and 15 year Active time and a reserve retirement is staggering.

• Addie

March 1, 2022 at 2:32 pm

I was commissioned into the USAF May 2021. After receiving my commission, my extended active duty date (EAD) was delayed and ultimately pushed back to 04 FEB 2022. This is highly unusual for a logistics officer. Most non-tech officers are placed in active duty within a few months, at most. During my wait, I still referred to my commissioning detachment for questions and concerns but per my commissioning paperwork, I legally fell under the Inactive Ready Reserve.

In November, I was contacted by my commissioning detachment. I was told I must submit proof of vaccination or give a projected vaccination date. In my response, I stated that I was unvaccinated and had concerns with the lawfulness of the order. I was immediately deferred to higher ups in my chain of command (COC). Upon speaking with the Lt Col about my concerns, he agreed and acknowledged the definite lack of consistency and irregularity to the order. In my concerns, I addressed the inability of the military to provide an FDA approved vaccine- which is clearly defined as the only lawful way the military can force us to receive a vaccine. I was told that I could still possibly be discharged if I did not receive the vaccine by 02 DEC 2021.

After many phone calls and disputes with the Lt Col and Col on the lawfulness of the vaccine, they decided that since I fall in the Inactive Ready Reserve, their command technically does not fall over me and they could not order me to receive the vaccine. I was instructed to contact my congressmen and file for a congressional inquiry based on my concerns with the current mandate. I got in touch with my congressmen’s representative, and they filed a congressional inquiry. It produced the same generic response I’ve been hearing which is that the order is lawful because The Assistant to the Secretary of Defense wrote a memorandum saying it’s lawful.

I spoke to many JAGs about my case. I was told that I would most likely be held accountable for my scholarship and would have to pay it back. I was told by the JAGs that the order is considered lawful because they are giving you the option to “get it or get out”. But, that in itself is unlawful because they cannot use separation as coercion to get vaccinated. I was also told that the “informed consent” paperwork which is given to you to sign prior to receiving the vaccine, is not optional and that if I do not sign it and am separated because of that, it’ll be my fault. Despite U.S. Code 1107a which gives us our right to informed consent.

Currently, I am being denied the right to file a religious accommodation exemption. I have reached out to the Staff Judge Advocate at HQ, I have spoken with the Chaplain at AETC HQ, and I have gone back and forth with my chain of command. They are stating that the reason I cannot file for religious accommodation is because they do not know who I would file it through since I am not on active duty and have not reported to my duty station. They believe that I cannot file it through the detachment. Because of all of this, my EAD was pushed from 04 FEB to 17 MAY. Which exceeds the 90 day increment suspense guideline. This was done purposely to push me to my 365 day limit. In my enlistment contract, it states that the USAF will place me in active duty within 365 days of my commissioning. I asked my chain of command what the current guidance is since they are telling me I cannot PCS because I am unvaccinated but I also cannot file an RA. They told me they believe if my 365 days comes up, I will be separated from the USAF on my own accord.

I filed an IG complaint since I have been denied the ability to file an RA but am also being told I cannot enter active duty until I get an RA or get vaccinated. A Lt Col IG at Holm Center told me that my detachment has no authority to hold my 4 Feb orders. They should have sent me to my active duty unit so that I could have been given the order to be vaccinated and start the RA process. Since I currently fall in the IRR, I cannot be ordered to perform tasks of an officer (I’m not getting paid, I.e you can’t order me to do work). The IG stated, if I can’t be ordered to get vaccinated, I can’t file an RA. Therefore, I need to report to my unit and then go through the process. My detachment is saying this will not be the case, that they still require me to be vaccinated prior to entering active duty, despite me commissioning and being placed in the IRR prior to the order. I am still being passed around and waiting to receive any information or updates on my situationI was commissioned into the USAF May 2021. After receiving my commission, my extended active duty date (EAD) was delayed and ultimately pushed back to 04 FEB 2022. This is highly unusual for a logistics officer. Most non-tech officers are placed in active duty within a few months, at most. During my wait, I still referred to my commissioning detachment for questions and concerns but per my commissioning paperwork, I legally fell under the Inactive Ready Reserve.

In November, I was contacted by my commissioning detachment. I was told I must submit proof of vaccination or give a projected vaccination date. In my response, I stated that I was unvaccinated and had concerns with the lawfulness of the order. I was immediately deferred to higher ups in my chain of command (COC). Upon speaking with the Lt Col about my concerns, he agreed and acknowledged the definite lack of consistency and irregularity to the order. In my concerns, I addressed the inability of the military to provide an FDA approved vaccine- which is clearly defined as the only lawful way the military can force us to receive a vaccine. I was told that I could still possibly be discharged if I did not receive the vaccine by 02 DEC 2021.

After many phone calls and disputes with the Lt Col and Col on the lawfulness of the vaccine, they decided that since I fall in the Inactive Ready Reserve, their command technically does not fall over me and they could not order me to receive the vaccine. I was instructed to contact my congressmen and file for a congressional inquiry based on my concerns with the current mandate. I got in touch with my congressmen’s representative, and they filed a congressional inquiry. It produced the same generic response I’ve been hearing which is that the order is lawful because The Assistant to the Secretary of Defense wrote a memorandum saying it’s lawful.

I spoke to many JAGs about my case. I was told that I would most likely be held accountable for my scholarship and would have to pay it back. I was told by the JAGs that the order is considered lawful because they are giving you the option to “get it or get out”. But, that in itself is unlawful because they cannot use separation as coercion to get vaccinated. I was also told that the “informed consent” paperwork which is given to you to sign prior to receiving the vaccine, is not optional and that if I do not sign it and am separated because of that, it’ll be my fault. Despite U.S. Code 1107a which gives us our right to informed consent.

Currently, I am being denied the right to file a religious accommodation exemption. I have reached out to the Staff Judge Advocate at HQ, I have spoken with the Chaplain at AETC HQ, and I have gone back and forth with my chain of command. They are stating that the reason I cannot file for religious accommodation is because they do not know who I would file it through since I am not on active duty and have not reported to my duty station. They believe that I cannot file it through the detachment. Because of all of this, my EAD was pushed from 04 FEB to 17 MAY. Which exceeds the 90 day increment suspense guideline. This was done purposely to push me to my 365 day limit. In my enlistment contract, it states that the USAF will place me in active duty within 365 days of my commissioning. I asked my chain of command what the current guidance is since they are telling me I cannot PCS because I am unvaccinated but I also cannot file an RA. They told me they believe if my 365 days comes up, I will be separated from the USAF on my own accord.

I filed an IG complaint since I have been denied the ability to file an RA but am also being told I cannot enter active duty until I get an RA or get vaccinated. A Lt Col IG at Holm Center told me that my detachment has no authority to hold my 4 Feb orders. They should have sent me to my active duty unit so that I could have been given the order to be vaccinated and start the RA process. Since I currently fall in the IRR, I cannot be ordered to perform tasks of an officer (I’m not getting paid, I.e you can’t order me to do work). The IG stated, if I can’t be ordered to get vaccinated, I can’t file an RA. Therefore, I need to report to my unit and then go through the process. My detachment is saying this will not be the case, that they still require me to be vaccinated prior to entering active duty, despite me commissioning and being placed in the IRR prior to the order. I am still being passed around and waiting to receive any information or updates on my situation

• guapo

March 2, 2022 at 8:43 am

Similar situation. Got commissioned May 21, got orders to PCS in Nov. Was in the middle of arranging my move when my Det told me I had to get it before I could.PCS. Submitted RA. Haven’t heard anything back.

• guapo

March 2, 2022 at 8:54 am

Tbh, I think big AF doesn’t know what to do with us. Legally, idk how they make us without putting us in AD and doing the whole process.

• shelburgh

March 1, 2022 at 3:00 pm

28 year Navy 06, currently in command. I PM’d you for further discussion to see if this helps.

• Chief

Organizer
      March 1, 2022 at 3:55 pm

Where’d you PM?

• Chief

Organizer
      March 1, 2022 at 3:57 pm

NM, I see it. I’ll get back with you soon. Thank you.

• Crumbini

March 1, 2022 at 3:05 pm

This is a recount of my personal experience dealing with coercion in the Navy. Hearsay doesn’t fly in court, but I have talked to many people I work with about what has happened and I can say that this is all true based on my experience of events.

In August when the SECDEF memo came out stating that the vaccine was mandatory, I was told by my chain of command that the vaccine was not mandatory and they wanted to know when I was making my appointment to get it. I told them I didn’t have an appointment set up yet. I started digging into researching everything about these vaccines, and laws and regulations and I tried to ask questions but was met with a dismissive attitude and told that SECDEF said it’s mandatory, so I had to get it. When my Chief messaged me and told me he needed a date of my medical appointment where I would get the vaccine, I told him I did not have one and he told me “so then, you are requesting separation.” He worded it like that several times to which I always maintained that I was NOT “requesting” separation.
    I laid out all the information I had from memo’s, FDA letters, BLA letters from the FDA, title 10 USC 1107, DODI 6200.15b, executive orders put out by the president (or lack thereof ie. waiving informed consent). I was not being heard by anyone in my chain of command regarding my concerns and instead was being treated like a burden. I had a mental break down and was feeling suicidal and reached out to my chief asking if we could sit down and talk with my department head about the information I had and to try and make sense of everything that was going on because I was confused and scared. He never responded to that message. I saw him the next day and he never addressed it with me. So I approached him and asked him why he never responded and he angrily told me to sit the fuck down, in his office, then proceeded to tell me how selfish I was and that all he does is spend his time and energy on my problems and issues, and when I told him i was struggling with this, he told me to suck it the fuck up.
    I did end up getting to sit down with him and my department head (O-5) and show them/ read page by page the discrepancies of not being allowed to mandate an EUA vaccine, my concerns about bioterrorism, my concerns about fertility and lack of long term studies mixed with the fact that I experienced a miscarriage earlier that year (2021) in April and I don’t have any children and it was a huge concern of mine. The only reassurance I got was that “our leaders would not lead us in the wrong direction.” They assumed that leadership already knew the in’s and outs of the rules and regulations and were doing the right thing. I was told I needed to speak with a medical professional and was immediately set up with an appointment that same day.
    When I talked to the medical professional about all my concerns, spike protein damage, fertility issues, no long term studies, no FDA approved vaccine, I was given the “they’re safe and effective” talk, and was told that “my wife took the jab and she is fine” and “if I could give it to my three year old daughter right now, I would, even though we don’t know the long term consequences, but I trust the science.”

I was so distraught over that statement that when I left medical I immediately went to the chaplain and balled my eyes out. First time I had ever talked to a chaplain at this command. I had a full blown melt down and it really felt like I was losing my mind. He told me he could tell how strongly I felt about this and that my points were valid. I didn’t entertain the idea of a religious exemption because it didn’t feel genuine to me considering I have no real religious knowledge or background. Nevertheless, I persisted.
    I sat down with my Commanding Officer and wanted to go over the information, but was not given a chance to do so. He told me that talking to him was just part of the process and that he was a medical doctor and he knows these shots are safe and that it’s ultimately up to me if I want to do my part to help save other people from dying from COVID. He said he would hate to lose good sailors but an order is an order. And that was that. I never heard anything from him after that meeting. Not him, not the XO, the CMC, not my Ops O. Nobody.
    I ended up getting a P eval for my yearly evaluation, which I was told by my chief was believed to be reprisal because when he left the ranking boards I was at an MP and when they got sent to CMC he ranked me a P because they didn’t plan on keeping me in. I worked my ass off last year and evaluations are when help with promotion and I’m ranked amongst my peers. When I sat down and talked to my chiefs about this, they had zero empathy for me and said they didn’t know why I was so surprised by any of this. I then received an SP eval which denoted “significant problems” and was “required” as part of the counseling chit I received for refusal to obey a lawful order. This means that I am unfit for the military. I routed a MEMO to the Captain and a temporary admin exemption with all the information that I had shown him before, and never got a response for the memo.
    I was called into legal to sign an ADSEP paperwork where it denoted that my worst possible discharge would be OTH, even though it clearly states that it would not be less than General under Honorable conditions. I asked them about my exemption and they said they didn’t even know I routed it. Called me back in a week later to get me to sign the same adsep paper and I asked them again where my exemption was and they said it was denied but that they did not have it, and when I questioned this I was told “I’m not here to argue with you.” When I left there, I was so disheartened and overwhelmed with not being heard or helped and being blown off and disregarded and treated like I was this horrible sailor for asking questions or for clarity, I balled my eyes out to one of my junior officers. Then again about an hour later to a retired co worker. I could not get a hold of myself. I felt completely defeated. I emailed my TRIAD and asked for my denied exemption since legal had just made me sign ADSEP paperwork and the CO responded telling me my exemption had JUST reached his desk. He hadn’t even seen it yet… so I had email chains back and forth with legal and the triad trying to figure out why the hell they were having me sign anything for administrative separation when my exemption hadn’t even been seen yet. I still had absolutely zero support from anyone in my chain of command. And at this point I didn’t feel comfortable going to anyone anyway.
    When I got an email from my department head a couple days later it was an attachment of my exemption request form with a hand written denial note at the bottom stating “admin exemption from separation is not cognisant.” I immediately wrote an appeal stating that I was not asking for admin exemption from separation, I was asking for exemption from the VACCINE because it is unlawful and we do not have the FDA approved one available.
    I continued to get emails from legal telling me I HAD to come in and sign the adsep paperwork and if I refused that it would mean I waive my right to a board. I stopped responding to legal matters after I finally told them I would NOT sign anything until my exemption request had been sent to the chief of naval personnel. THEN I would appeal if denied, because I have the right to do so. When my chief finally sat down to talk to me about what was going on, it prompted my department head to call medical himself and ask if they had comirnaty, which they reiterated that they did not. They then tried to tell me I could go out into the economy and get it since they apparently have it here in Italy. I asked them if a European vaccine is FDA approved… they just assumed yes, so they started trying to get me set up with a pharmacy in town, but when I emailed the POC for this they could not show me any vial label or insert stating what the vaccine was. I asked the public health director, if Italy has comirnaty can we get it shipped on base? No we can’t, she said. My chief asked me the next day why I hadn’t gotten the shot and I said I didn’t want it and I can’t verify that it is FDA approved. And honestly, I don’t think the burden of proof should be put on ME to go find this FDA approved vaccine that MY command is mandating me with. She said ” If you don’t want it even if it was available, then you know you’re going to get kicked out anyway, so why are you going through all this?” I told her because they are reprimanding me based on a situation that isn’t even possible at the moment. They’re skipping straight ahead to “she wouldn’t get it either way” rather than go through the lawful process that’s described in all of our documents and laws and codes, and it’s unlawful and nobody will listen and I can’t make it ANY more clear for them.
    So at this point they have ALL been notified of their wrong doings, I’ve attempted to show them this on multiple occasions. I’ve been treated like a burden, I’ve been isolated, I’ve been mocked, I’ve been coerced. I couldn’t go to the gym and I had to do my PRT outside in front of the gym while people walking by could see me, I had to wait outside in the cold to be weighed in because I wasn’t allowed in the gym and had to wait for someone to drag the scale outside for me. I’ve been told that “there’s always something going on with you” or ” don’t walk to her she always knows how to bring down the mood” or questioned in general and made to feel like I’m weird or crazy or that I’m a conspiracy theorist. I have to get my nose swabbed every Tuesday, while other people who are vaccinated are getting sick left and right yet they are somehow not a threat to readiness. I don’t get talked to regularly by my chain of command, like others in my department do. I have no collateral anymore, nothing to work towards career wise. I’ve been alienated, whether it be by my own avoidance of people because of lack of trust or empathy or by watching my leaders blatantly walk right by me and not even speak a word to me.
    My saving grace has been that I’ve been seeking mental health counseling through all of this, but I’m exhausted, and I have zero faith or trust in this organization to do the right thing or even to read these orders that they are enforcing.
    Thank you for your time. I don’t even care at this point if my information gets out there, I’m exhausted.
    -Caroline

• karleepeyt

March 1, 2022 at 4:41 pm

AGR (OK Army Guard) 7+ yrs. SGT. Pregnant w first child before the vax rollout really kicked off. Was asked repeatedly and heckled while pregnant for refusing. Currently, 8 mo PP & breastfeeding. Have been repeatedly informed of WIC services (in regard to free formula), have been accused of refusing out of stupidity, stubbornness, & political views by peers and leaders alike. Have been TOLD to “just switch to formula” if I’m so worried about it by my 1SG. He also used a metaphor of being left out of Noah’s ark as the rain comes down in regard to my refusal/career risk. But this was all “as a friend, looking our for me/my career, just helpful advice” not coercion at all. Also told that re-evaluating my position on team/within unit would be discussed in meeting w command. (As if I am refusing to go to school that I requested! See next.>>) Have been promotable for about 1.5 years now and eligible for ETP promotion (gives 24 mo post birth to attend ALC). Reserved to attend ALC in April (would be 10 mo PP & willing to waive non deployable deferment) but state guidance says to cancel unvaccinated school reservations 90 days out now. Was given 5 day notice to submit medical exemption by March-final date is still JUNE. No one from unit level to state level has guidance on procedure for submitting med X & dismissive on phone. School instructor informed me that she’d ask brigade about my pending X but she has been instructed “no tolerance” vaccinated or removal from course. So, no promotion, no school, no respect of breastfeeding concerns, no position on team, no position within unit, no timeline or checklist for medical exemption. All 3 months or more BEFORE our deadline & within “protected” 1 year of breastfeeding per “family first” Army.

Page 1 of 4